The Sandy Spring Lions are proud to be back in the community. We have been collecting funds to help the lions help the blind at local Olney and Cloverly grocery stores as well as outside GrillMarx in Olney.
Pictured above are Lions Paul Hawkins, Paul Gebicke, and Rich Collins.
The money collected at White Cane vision days goes towards several causes related to finding blindness including:
- low vision research at Johns Hopkins Wilmer Eye Institute
- local and regional vision screenings
- grants for surgeries for the indigent
- eyeglasses for those who need them both in our community and overseas
- projects to prevent chronic causes of blindness such as diabetes and river blindness.
In addition, some of the funds go to disaster recovery and scholarships for local youth.
We will be out at GrillMarx and Olney Giant this week and hope to see you there. Donating even 50 cents can make a huge difference!